Yummy way to use up that over-abundance of zucchini from your garden. Makes about 2 dozen bars.
Write a review
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups zucchini, coarsely shredded
- Combine oil, sugar, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until well blender.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and next 5 ingredients; stir well. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 inch-jellyroll pan. spread crumb mixture evenly over batter in pan, sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden-pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Mix crumbs with fork until lumps disappear.
By Sandy Buchmann
Concordia LCMS https://www.concordiabeulah.org/recipes/